Our Certified Nurse Practitioners Are Experienced…
- All have completed bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing
- Previously worked as registered nurses in a clinical or hospital setting
- Had extensive experience working with geriatric patients before joining Consultative Health and Medicine
- Are licensed by the State of Minnesota and certified by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Are required to complete 150 hours of continuing education every 5 years
Our Nurse Practitioners Deliver High-Quality Medical Care…
- Perform health assessments and physical examinations
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions
- Prescribe medication
- Order and interpret certain diagnostic procedures
- Counsel patients and their families
- Manage a resident’s overall care
How We Work
At Consultative Health and Medicine, our certified nurse practitioners spend almost 100 percent of their workday visiting seniors at the assisted living and skilled nursing communities where they reside.
In addition to the traditional stethoscope, our nurse practitioners carry a notebook PC that links them to each patient’s electronic medical record and a smartphone that enables them to be in regular contact with facility staff and Drs. Chris Johnson and Meg Rice. If there is a particular medical issue or need, or if a resident’s condition worsens, a nurse practitioner and/or one of our physicians are available to see patients at their place of residence.
Keeping Families Informed
Our nurse practitioners are in regular contact with a patient’s family members to ensure they are fully apprised of their loved one’s condition and to discuss treatment options. They also meet with facility staff to discuss a resident’s health status and care plan.
Certified Nurse Practitioners
- Lisa Burns, RN, CNP
- Megan Danielson, RN, CNP
- Angela Guerrero, RN, CNP
- Bree Jensen, DNP, APRN, CNP
- Deb Mike, RN, CNP